Monday, March 13, 2006

Ft. Lauderdale, here I come!

Ah, Spring Break. A venerable cornocopia of boozing, dancing, beaches, and general debauchary. Good, clean fun without any regrets...

Oh, wait, I forgot. I'm pushing 30, a wife, a mother, and a teacher. These days, Spring Break is a venerable cornocopia of sleeping in until 7am, catching up on laundry, playdough, fingerpaint, and the local rec centre. Maybe I'll get to sneak in a beer after Maya is in bed, but chances are, I'll be snoring on the couch next to Eric by 8:30pm.

Sounds awful? Not in the least. I wouldn't have it any other way.

2 comments:

  1. :) Spring Break was never my thing. Beaches were too crowded, I'd get sunburned. LOL. So I'm 26, a wife (not a mom...yet) and I'll be catching up on laundry during spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually - no I won't. What was I thinking. I'm not a teacher. My mom is...she always made us spring clean during spring break. ugh.

    So I guess I don't actually get a spring break. Drat.

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on. . .