Friday, May 26, 2006

A Blog for Eri

Eric says that yesterday's blog about my dad was like a eulogy. I guess in a way it was, but thank goodness he's still alive. The sad thing about eulogies (besides the obvious fact that the person is dead) is that most of us only say those wonderful things about people AFTER they're gone, when it is too late for them to hear how much they're loved and appreciated. Mitch Album wrote a fantastic book called "Tuesdays with Morrie." Read it. It's a true story about this man (Mitch) whose old professor (Morrie) was diagnosed with ALS. Mitch visited Morrie every single Tuesday and learned a lot about living and dying. Before Morrie died, he held his own funeral so that he'd be able to hear how loved he was. Thankfully, my dad's not dying. I just wanted him to know how great I think he is.

Really, I think Eric told me that because there hasn't been a blog about him yet. He's been trying desperately do to things that are blog worthy. And seeing how I wouldn't think it was cute or funny if HE pulled the entire roll of TP off to wipe himself, he's saying all sorts of crazy things.

Today, he promised he'd clean the house while I was out with the girls at the scrapbooking garage sale.




And now that it's been published for the world, immortalized in my wondrous blog, he's gotta do it. Stay tuned tomorrow to see if he really does it. (place your bets in the comments link)

OH, the suspense! OH, The tension! OH, the humanity!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:23 p.m.

    my bet is that he cleans the house...and deserves a medal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:58 p.m.

    Oh c'mon! You thought *I* left the message, stating he "deserves a medal"? I hope your house was cleaned, and passed the "white glove" test!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, seriously, Eric, YOU'RE not allowed to vote here.

    He cleaned the house. It was nice to come home to. Thanks honey! :)

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on. . .